Sunday, February 1, 2009

you know when you are old



Do you remember dissing your parents cd or record collection when you were 14 or 16 or whatever? Oh well, stop and think again. Look into your own music collection and see how many music are the same as your parents circa whenever it was? Actually, to be totally honest, I don't have any or close to any music overlapping with my parents. My parent's tastes in music goes:
Mama -> Eric Clapton, Dolly Parton, Rolling Stones, Some Floyd (mostly in the 90s) and fusion Jazz shit in the 90s also
Papa -> some folk stuff, Beach Boys, Hawaiian music, and country standards.

Only reason I say this is because I used to think Grateful Dead was shitty hippy jam band, but lo and behold, I love them. Specifically, I love their album American Beauty and some other jam shit ( not weird 90s stuff. strictly 70s). Although I must admit I used to have Dead skull pendant top on leather strap when I was in grade 10 ( I thought skulls were cool back then ) but I detested anything hippy ( Hey, it wasn't cool in the hardcore scene. Remember 101.7 the end ) when I was young and when I heard melodic jam music I cringed. I detested their tie dyed shirt. NOW I WANT THEM. I WANT THEM BAD.


I will always always respect Grace land on the other hand.

No comments: