Saturday, April 17, 2010

I was talking to a friend yesterday about watching horror flicks as a child.

My first ever memory of horror film is the last scene from "Evil Dead". I think I saw this when I was 5 or 6, right after attending a birthday party. As you can see, I had very free-thinking parents who never censored anything.

Was there a scene like this in the film?? I don't recall.


The next one I remember is "Alien" when I was 8. I think I saw it during summer break. I remember being scared as well as being shocked by Sigourney Weaver hanging out in her tiny bikini underpants.



Who knew underpants could be so small when you were 8?


Then it came the Zombie movie called " The return of the living dead" which wasn't as bad as the first two.



I think if my parents were not so free-thinking and only allowed me to watch movies such as "Bambi" or "Lion King", I would not be as obsessed with Anatomical models nor would I be jaded today.

Although, thank you for making me appreciate such B-level cult movies.

Thank you papa for being obsessed with American pop culture.




P.S. I just noticed that these zombie flicks movie posters really do not reflect what the movies are about.

No comments: